Pages

Monday, April 11, 2016

Why Juan Loves to Hike

Just call me Juan because it's something close to my real name. And I love to brisk walk early in the morning or late in the afternoon.

And I also prefer walking to my destination if it's within walking distance than ride. In fact, I like getting off public vehicles about a corner away from where I should really get off--so I can walk to it.

I love walking around aimlessly, too. When I was in high school and college, I used to just walk around, and that took me to far away places--too far away from my school. I often had long vacant periods in high school and college, and our school library then had nothing exciting to offer except textbooks. I hate textbooks. I love detective, mystery and adventure books.

Anyway, my aimless hikes took me to Rizal Avenue and Recto when I was in high school at E. Rodriguez Jr. High in La Loma, QC. Then it took me to Quiapo, Ermita, Paco, Binondo, China Town, Makati, San Juan and Pasig when I transferred to UE and FEU in Manila. After classes, I started walking around long distances that sometimes ended in the evening, about 7 or 8 pm.

Weird, isn't it?

You see the silhouette picture above? I chose that because it describes my personality a lot. Just looking at it, you get a good idea about who I am.

I want to say I'm a walker, but the word walker today means zombies. So, I'd rather say I'm a hiker.

I can drive well and fast. Driving around makes you move faster and see more of the surroundings. On second thought, driving can trap you during heavy traffic so that you see nothing but cars, jeeps and buses.

Hiking enables you to move around gradually so that you're able to sink in and digest well the things you see around while roaming. So, this blog is all about the things Juan sees while roaming life. I hope to share with you what I see and reflect on, and also help you see the little things that most people do not notice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!